What you need to know before hiring a scissor lift
So you’ve been considering the rental of a scissor lift? What considerations do you need to address beforehand?
Scissor lifts will help you improve access on both commercial and industrial jobs, but here are a few things to think about before you choose the machine for you.
- Scissor lifts are free-standing – This allows you to reach a larger area than when using a ladder. This can be vital especially when reaching high areas as there are fewer restrictions on the places you can access.
- Scissor lifts are safer than ladders – All machines have safety features that protect workers against accidents. The use of safety harnesses and helmets is still essential when working on scissor lifts.
- The platform area is large – With plenty of space to carry out your operation you’ll be able to work with the tools necessary. Unlike a ladder you can have multiple workers on the job and work uninterrupted until the project is finished.
- The platform area is strong – This allows two men and their tools to work constantly and safely at a height of up to 18m.
- Indoor use is an option with electric lifts – When your job is indoors you’ll want something that releases no harmful fumes. You may also want a smaller machine with a narrow platform to allow you to work in tight spaces.
Browse our range online now or contact Australian Access Hire on 1300 850 488 to discuss how we can supply a lifting solution to suit your application.